Monday 30 June 2014

Whitby

(Picture of the seaside town of Whitby, in North Yorkshire)

As stated in my previous post, I have chosen to create something in CryEngine based on the Whitby asset pack provided by The British Library.  Ideally I would like to visit the town to conduct some primary research of my own; however I don't have the funds available to make this possible.  As a result I have been conducting extensive research online to make up for it.

All of the research had to be quite specific to my needs to make sure I didn't spend too much time researching rather than actually making the final piece.  This means that future blog entries will contain some of the research related to it's topic, making this entry a general overview.  My sources will include:


  • The library asset packs.
  • Photos taken during the visit to The British Library.
  • Online searches for types of stone and vegetation in the area.
  • Online image searches for reference materials.
  • Google Maps and Street View to aid with world scale and to act as a substitute for visiting the town.
  • Other source materials (e.g. The book, Bram Stoker's Dracula).

No comments:

Post a Comment